Once again, I should have posted this a very long time ago. Better late than never...right? Well, I must admit that when I married Geoff I had no idea that I was marrying an awesome athlete. He did his first Triathlon in May in Bakersfield when it was 106 degrees outside. It definitely wasn't supposed to be that hot, but it was one of those weird weather patterns unfortunately for him. In that kind of heat, a triathlon is torture (or so I hear), but after his 1 mile swim and his 20 mile bike ride, he still made it running through 10 miles in the mountains. Most people stopped the triathlon after the swim or bike because of the grueling heat, but Geoff was determined (or crazy) and continued on to the end and finished with a very respectable time. Way to go!!! I've attached a photo from a distance because those triathlon outfits are a bit skimpy for a close up. Seriously!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Bakersfield Triathlon
Once again, I should have posted this a very long time ago. Better late than never...right? Well, I must admit that when I married Geoff I had no idea that I was marrying an awesome athlete. He did his first Triathlon in May in Bakersfield when it was 106 degrees outside. It definitely wasn't supposed to be that hot, but it was one of those weird weather patterns unfortunately for him. In that kind of heat, a triathlon is torture (or so I hear), but after his 1 mile swim and his 20 mile bike ride, he still made it running through 10 miles in the mountains. Most people stopped the triathlon after the swim or bike because of the grueling heat, but Geoff was determined (or crazy) and continued on to the end and finished with a very respectable time. Way to go!!! I've attached a photo from a distance because those triathlon outfits are a bit skimpy for a close up. Seriously!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is too funny ... thanks for the faraway picture!
I think Geoff deserves a prize for doing it in that heat. I can barely walk out to the pool when the temp is that high much less ride a bike or run! Way to go! Two of my neighbors are currently in training for a triathlon and I'll have to admit that I wouldn't want to see them in the skimpy outfits up close (I hadn't thought about it until I read this post). I really like both of them, but I don't need to see that much of either of them!
Post a Comment