Geoff ran a 1/2 marathon on Saturday in preparation for the Salt Lake Marathon he is going to run in April. We are so proud of him! He ran 13.1 miles in 1 hour and 33 minutes! Very impressive, wouldn't you agree. The kids had so much fun going to support him, even though that meant getting out of bed at 5:30 am, driving for a little over an hour and playing at the park for 15 minutes, then sitting in the car for an hour while it rained and he ran. Luckily, the rain stopped about 5 minutes before he finished so we were able to rush out and see him cross the Finish line.
7 comments:
GO GEOFF! I'm very impressed. I'm not only impressed with Geoff - but also with his little fans who waited in the car for over an hour...that's no easy marathon in and of itself.
I love all the new posts. ( :
That is an incredible time for a half marathon. Way to go Geoff! I am excited for him. Some day I will do a marathon...... I am glad the rain cooperated long enough to let you watch him finish! miss you guys!
Woohoo! Way to go. I have zero desire to ever run a marathon, but am impressed by those who do it.
How fun, I bet the kids loved cheering on their daddy.
So I heard Geoff took quite shine to rock band :)
What a beautiful family...soo fun finding you guys! Glad we can keep in contact now!
Kelly Lorscheider Tate
BTW, I'm setting my blog to private. If you'd like to be added email me:
kellyltate@yahoo.com
Post a Comment