Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Announcing another baby

So Geoff had a great idea of how to tell the kids that we are going to have another baby. He wanted to do a scavenger hunt for family home evening. So it was pretty simple but the kids had so much fun reading the clues and searching for something. The clues took them to a baby bottle, a baby onesie and then pictures from the 10 week ultrasound. They were so excited, especially Eliza. She has been telling me for a long time that she really wants to have a baby sister. We assured her that she will have a baby in the house, but probably not a sister. At least that's what the dr. said at the 13 week ultrasound and my pregnancy has been just like a "boy" pregnancy for me. Luckily I think Eliza will be ok either way...she will just be a true princess with 3 brothers! So we'll be having a Thanksgiving baby. We are excited to have #4 and to have our family feel complete!!!

A funny sidenote is that just recently (I am actually writing this in June), Kolby told me that he knew we were having another baby before we told them because he saw me talking to whitney and kevin when we were at their house and he saw me point to my belly when they asked if we were going to have any more kids and then he saw me mouth that we still hadn't told the kids. I can totally see that happening...Kolby is always observing everything. He keeps me on my toes. I asked him if he mentioned it to anyone else and he said no. So i guess he is a good secret keeper. But he assured me that he was excited when he heard the news.




2 comments:

Piano Mom said...

Congratulations! What a fun way to tell the kids.

Beatrice said...

YAY, i'm so happy for you guys. I've got news too. We're expecting another boy too YAY.
My funny story to this is that Nicolas one night kissed my belly and said that he was going to take care of me, my hubby goes does Nicolas know what's inside your belly? I go dunno -we hadn't told him by then. Anyhu I turn to Nicolas and ask do you know what's inside mommy's belly? Nicolas looks up and without thinking says: MEATBALLS!!! the mind of a 4 yr. old - I had a laugh attack so hard I was tearing up.
Anyway sooo happy for you, what a huge blessing. When are you due???
Love
Bea (20 weeks and counting :D)