Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A New Girl

Today Eliza got a big haircut. She has been wanting me to cut her hair for a while and I thought it was a great idea because she has thin, stringy hair that gets very matted and looks pretty crazy most of the time. I finally got around to actually doing it today...my first haircut in a really really long time. I planned on cutting it to her shoulders, but as you can see in the photo it ended up more like chin-length. I just couldn't seem to get it straight and finally just had to call it good before I cut anymore off. I think she looks pretty cute, but Geoff was not too happy when he saw her. The one who matters the most, though, is Eliza and she LOVES it. She was so happy and was dancing around the rest of the day singing songs and flipping her hair all around. She wanted to show all the neighborhood kids and was really excited to call Grandma and Grandpa and Ashee to tell them about her cute new haircut. I never thought it would have this affect, but it did and it is supercute to watch her be so excited about her new 'do. I'm a little nervous after giving her a bath tonight and seeing it dry by itself...you can definitely tell it is not a professional job. All I can hope is that it starts to grow fast and all my unevenness gets lost in the new growth.

2 comments:

Kort said...

it looks so cute!!! i love it. you did a really good job i am impressed! eliza you kind of look like auntie kort oh so cute!!!

Dave and Mel said...

Hey lorile- I was just "catching up" and had to say how cute Eliza's hair looks- I can't believe you did it yourself! The other day Zanna said she wanted her hair short- but I don't think I'm ready for that yet:) Your fam is gorgeous and good luck with the job change thing