Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kauai, Hawaii 2008







We were lucky enough to go to Hawaii for a week without kids and with 14 other friends! It was so much fun and soooo beautiful and pretty relaxing. It was amazing to be able to get a full night's sleep every single night. And we rested easy knowing that the kids were in great hands with Grandma and Grandpa. And they had a blast. Now my parents think I am the wimpiest mom ever if I complain about having a hard day with the kids because they just tell me that I have the easiest and best kids ever. I guess that is what a life without rules turned them into. :-)


But, back to Hawaii, we did so many fun things...trips to beautiful waterfalls, cliff jumping off the waterfalls, rope swinging & surfing (Geoff), sea kayaking for 4 hours (resulting in serious prayers that the winds would change and we would be pushed into shore), Waimea Canyon, zodiak boat tour around the Na Pali Coast, zip lining, bowling, karaoke, walks on the beach and delicious pineapple.




Geoff's favorite story of the trip is this: He was surfing on Saturday morning (the day we were leaving) and the lifeguard got on his microphone and told everyone to get out of the water because he had seen a "shark thrashing around out there." Of course he got out and went to talk to the lifeguard, who showed Geoff the 2 places he had seen the shark. The 2nd spot was right where Geoff had been surfing. Kind of freaky. Glad that life insurance policy was all paid up!


To sum it up, we had a fabulous time and it was so awesome to spend time with such fun, great friends.


So that's the travel log...and here are a few pics to go along.


5 comments:

David & Vanessa said...

LORILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, you have no idea how i have been trying to find you! I found your name on a friends blog and then I realized it really was you!! How are you!!? So much to catch up on! We just started a blog, familiadurrant.blogspot.com. Please visit it for an update. I miss you tremendously and your family has grown! I tried calling the number I have a few times and never could get through. Please check out our blog for the biggest updates, and call me too at 703.728.4848!

I love you and can't wait to hear how you are doing! Say hi to Geoff for me!

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

what an awesome vacation. so glad Geoff didn't get eaten by that shark!!!

Karyl said...

Ahhhh, Sharks! Glad you made it home. I'm jealous of your great vacation. I'll live vicariously through you. :)

Aly said...

What a dream vacation! I think that the full night sleep part sounds especially nice. I think I'd be happy to go on vacation to the least exotic place in the world if that, and a little more time with the Mr. were a part of the package. Not that I'm not enjoying the princess parties and field trips with the kiddies too. Lots of cute posts this time. Good luck with the job transition. You'll be in our prayers.

Robin said...

It looks like it was the perfect trip. So beautiful and the best company and fun activities. I am glad you were able to go. I hope your house sells soon. I am sure everything will work out as it should. Keep us posted!