Yippee for Carson getting potty trained. He did an awesome job. I decided to use the present idea on him. I went to the Dollar store and got $25 presents, wrapped them up, put them in a big bucket and then asked him when he was ready to start going pee pee and poo poo in the potty. He told me Friday. I know he had no idea when that really was, but I made him stick to it and we started our "game" on Friday. The little boy had to go pee pee about 20 times on Friday because he was so excited to open new presents. I was a little worried, thinking that he might get through all the presents and then be done with the whole potty training, but we just recycled the presents through the weekend and he was happy as can be. And by the end of the weekend he was wearing underwear everywhere and now about 4 weeks later, he wears his undies all the time...even at night and stays DRY! I love it and so does he. I am hoping that he won't regress when we have the baby in a few weeks, but I think he has got it down. Sometimes it gets quiet and I wonder where he is and I'll find him in my bathroom just sitting on the toilet taking care of his business. I am so proud of him. Kolby and Eliza were good helpers encouraging him to go all the time, mostly because they wanted to see what was wrapped up, too. Yeah for me that I get a one month break from buying diapers and then another 3 years to go...
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Carson Potty Training
Yippee for Carson getting potty trained. He did an awesome job. I decided to use the present idea on him. I went to the Dollar store and got $25 presents, wrapped them up, put them in a big bucket and then asked him when he was ready to start going pee pee and poo poo in the potty. He told me Friday. I know he had no idea when that really was, but I made him stick to it and we started our "game" on Friday. The little boy had to go pee pee about 20 times on Friday because he was so excited to open new presents. I was a little worried, thinking that he might get through all the presents and then be done with the whole potty training, but we just recycled the presents through the weekend and he was happy as can be. And by the end of the weekend he was wearing underwear everywhere and now about 4 weeks later, he wears his undies all the time...even at night and stays DRY! I love it and so does he. I am hoping that he won't regress when we have the baby in a few weeks, but I think he has got it down. Sometimes it gets quiet and I wonder where he is and I'll find him in my bathroom just sitting on the toilet taking care of his business. I am so proud of him. Kolby and Eliza were good helpers encouraging him to go all the time, mostly because they wanted to see what was wrapped up, too. Yeah for me that I get a one month break from buying diapers and then another 3 years to go...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay Carson big boy :o)!! - I'm gonna steal your idea about the presents for baby number two.
By the way, when are you due?
I'm due on the 4th of November (C-section)!
/Bea
Post a Comment