Geoff ran his 2nd marathon...this one in SLC on April 19. The whole family made the trek to Utah to support him and to see family and friends en route. It was such a fun, quick trip. We got to stay with some friends in St. George on the way there and the way back and the kids definitely thought they were at Disneyland. They were having so much fun playing games, riding bikes, playing indoor football, dancing on top of air hockey tables, playing foosball and basketball. it was so great. Thanks so much to our friends. The kids also got to hang out with Auntie whit, Grandma & Grandpa and they got to meet some of my friends, Heather & Diane. It was so great to see everyone and so great to see Geoff complete another marathon. We don't know how he does it, but he does. He was hoping to qualify for Boston, but that didn't happen this time because he was fighting a 20-30mph headwind for the first 13 miles. A little rough on the legs. The wind was so strong that where we were waiting for him at mile 13, all the police barricades kept getting blown over. It was so windy! Even though he didn't qualify, he still ran so fast. I am so proud of him...he ran a 3:38! He is determined to qualify for Boston, so we might be going back to UT for the St. George marathon in October. I didn't realized I was marrying such an athlete, but he is serious about this stuff. He is currently training for a triathlon in May. I wish I took more pictures, but I didn't...Hopefully you can figure out the correct order of the photos, I wasn't smart enough to take the time to load them correctly. Geoff was hurting pretty badly after the marathon so it was nice they had on-site massage therapists to take away some of the pain. And then of course we had to celebrate with a huge ice cream treat followed by a trip to the hotel pool and hot tub. Fun for the kids and great for the sore muscles.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
SLC Marathon
Geoff ran his 2nd marathon...this one in SLC on April 19. The whole family made the trek to Utah to support him and to see family and friends en route. It was such a fun, quick trip. We got to stay with some friends in St. George on the way there and the way back and the kids definitely thought they were at Disneyland. They were having so much fun playing games, riding bikes, playing indoor football, dancing on top of air hockey tables, playing foosball and basketball. it was so great. Thanks so much to our friends. The kids also got to hang out with Auntie whit, Grandma & Grandpa and they got to meet some of my friends, Heather & Diane. It was so great to see everyone and so great to see Geoff complete another marathon. We don't know how he does it, but he does. He was hoping to qualify for Boston, but that didn't happen this time because he was fighting a 20-30mph headwind for the first 13 miles. A little rough on the legs. The wind was so strong that where we were waiting for him at mile 13, all the police barricades kept getting blown over. It was so windy! Even though he didn't qualify, he still ran so fast. I am so proud of him...he ran a 3:38! He is determined to qualify for Boston, so we might be going back to UT for the St. George marathon in October. I didn't realized I was marrying such an athlete, but he is serious about this stuff. He is currently training for a triathlon in May. I wish I took more pictures, but I didn't...Hopefully you can figure out the correct order of the photos, I wasn't smart enough to take the time to load them correctly. Geoff was hurting pretty badly after the marathon so it was nice they had on-site massage therapists to take away some of the pain. And then of course we had to celebrate with a huge ice cream treat followed by a trip to the hotel pool and hot tub. Fun for the kids and great for the sore muscles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way too stay up late and get all these postings in! Thanks for the marathon support, as well...hopefully you won't have to endure too many more! Now triathlons on the other hand...
Love,
Hubby
Who is that saucy lady giving Geoff a rub down while you look on? Talk about an awkward moment. ( :
Oh yeah, and way to go Geoff - I'm really impressed. I'll be cheering you on from afar in your quest for Boston.
Post a Comment