Thursday, April 19, 2012

A New Beginning - Funny Kids

I know it has been a really really long time since I have posted anything but since I am trying to use this as our family journal and I am feeling a little extra energetic today I figured I will sit down and just write a couple of things that are funny and/or just happening around here.

Kolby- in the midst of ortho treatment. Has had an expander in for 2 weeks and just found out that in 3 weeks they are going to put brackets on his top four front teeth to now push them back together. He has been a good sport, learning how to turn the key on the expander all by himself. Most excited about getting to choose different colored rubber bands on his braces. How is this happening so soon??? Also, in serious pain in his achilles. The kids is growing so fast and has been having feet problem. Got him some orthotics that have helped a lot and now his achilles is killing him. Pretty sure it is because he never stops moving...always chasing after something or someone or playing some sort of ball. His poor feet! But he just has the hardest time resting them which is what they need most of all. Other than that, he's doing awesome in school and baseball and going through the adventure of making his first pinewood derby car with Dad. Hopefully I'll still be posting in a week when they are finished so I can showcase it in picture form. Of course he has chosen a BYU theme. :-)
Eliza - sweet and fun and a big helper when she is feeling up to it. We had twin babies over here yesterday and she was such a big helper and loved playing with them and holding them. It was so sweet. Loves school and learning and playing more school when she gets home from school. Awesome on the bars and jumping rope. Super excited to start swim team this year. She inspired my post today when I walked into her room and saw a spiral notebook opened to a page she must have written a while ago (judging by the writing and spelling) that says "Im sitnig on the pote", or in other words, "I'm sitting on the pot." Cracks me up that she took a notebook into the bathroom with her and actually wrote that. I hope this doesn't embarrass her in the future. I had to capture it because it makes me chuckle. Maybe I'll even scan the page and show her actual writing.
Carson - He too inspired this post when we were playing catch yesterday in the front yard. I noticed something very interesting about him. He could only catch the football when his tongue was sticking out. We got to 82 passes without either one of us dropping it, which I think is pretty impressive. On the 83rd, his tongue was in his mouth instead of out! He has also become Mr. Monkey Bars and loves to show off his skill. He wants to go to any park that has monkey bars and has decided that I need to buy him a $900 swing set for his birthday because it has monkey bars. Today we had some time before we had to pick Kolby up from school to go to his appt so we stopped at the park and Mr. Monkey Bars showed off. Once again, though, the tongue must be out for him to have success. As soon as the tongue goes back in his mouth, he falls off the bars. It's very cute and funny! He is turning into such a little character as he begins to articulate his words much better and can express himself. He still has a very tender heart that gets his feelings hurt very easily. Breaks into almost tears several times a day. Not sure if it is lack of sleep or just extra sensitive. Loves preschool and all of his friends there. It is so fun to see him have his "thing". Has tried to convince me that he needs to go to kindergarten next year because all of his friends are going, but with his October birthday, he is going to do another year of preschool and that will end up being just perfect for him. I am sure of that! Has his first tball game this Saturday. We'll see if it lives up to his expectations!
Logan - couldn't ask for a better little guy to be our caboose. He is so cute and funny and good natured. Hoping that he stays that way! He is almost 17 months and talking up a storm. He wants to be a big kid since he idolizes his big brothers and sister. He and Carson seem to have a special relationship, maybe cuz Carson is closest to his size. It is good for both of them. He climbs on everything! He gets his own food out of the pantry. He loves his DAD!!! I am pretty sure that comes from him waking up to Dad at home every morning while I am off teaching seminary. I love that he loves his dad so much. Some of his favorite words to say are happy, cuckoo (cookie), candy, apple, eat, hungry, mama, dad, play, yay, book, water, dog, neigh, moo, and i'm sure i am forgetting lots...He says a ton of words which we love! He love his blankey and his binky. He hates teething and so do we cuz it turns him into a horrible sleeper. He walks down the stairs like a big boy, not wanting to hold onto the wall. That has only led to a few falls. :-) Loves bubbles and being a little busy body. Loves to sing songs...favorites are "Popcorn popping", "Itsy Bitsy Spider". Bedtime songs are "Twinkle Twinkle" and "You are My Sunshine". Has started saying his prayers this week, instead of just listening to me say them for him. So cute. And now he is really done with me being at the computer and wants my attention so this blog post is ending!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Cute! Its so nice to be able to see your cute family. I just did the same thing! I thought, even if no one really looks it a great way to journal our little family. I will check yours and comment:0)
I hope all is well. Miss you guys.