Just so I don't forget a few funny things my boys have said in the past week...
Logan, who is now 21 months old, is such a talker that he cracks us up. He spurts out 3 syllable words all the time like it's no problem and is always surprising us with what comes out of his month. His normal bedtime routine is me singing him "Twinkle, Twinkle" and "You are My Sunshine" while I hold him and tickle his back. Last week I was just going through the normal routine and as I was singing "Twinkle, Twinkle" he lifted his head off my shoulder and looked right into my eyes and said, "I don't like that song!" Well, that really surprised me since he goes around the house singing it all the time and it has made him famous at the dentist office (cuz he sang it for the staff and they were so impressed). So I asked him what song he wanted me to sing instead and he said, "I am a child of God." Ok...that was easy. So I started to sing that and he just put his head back down on my shoulder and relaxed and listened to the song. It was funny. He definitely uses his words to voice his opinions and he is one very opinionated little dude!
The other funny thing that happened was that Carson, who is almost 5, was listening to Geoff talk to me. Geoff was commenting that Carson had recently grown and that he wasn't the tallest kid around but that he seemed to be taller than average. Carson immediately responded, "Who's average?" Kids are always listening and learning. We chuckled and tried to explain "average" the best we could.
I'm sure there have been lots of daily funny happenings but these are the two that keep sticking out in my mind. Life is good. We are so busy so my record keeping really stinks! Kolby and Eliza started 3rd and 2nd grades this week at the new neighborhood elementary school. they love their teachers and their classes so we are looking forward to a great school year! Carson begins school tomorrow at Stepping Stones for the Pre-K program which I think will be really great for him. And me and Logan are going to try and get this house in order, since we moved at the end of June and still have some boxes sitting around, no pictures hung and projects galore awaiting us!
2 comments:
You didn't tell me you moved?! I'm assuming you're still in Shannon Ranch. We really should talk more often : )
nice one ...........
Post a Comment