Friday, November 11, 2011

Hello Again!

Hello to my blog! It has been a really long time but I felt like writing a few things down and this is the place to do it so...
  • Tonight we went and played volleyball at the church with the Burkes, Leges and Hawkes. It was so much fun. The kids were up on the stage with a movie and Kolby played with us (cuz of course there was no way he was going to miss out on playing a sport). He did great! I haven't touched a volleyball in years, so I was definitely very rusty, but it was still so fun to play a little bit. When we got home I asked Kolby what he thought of volleyball and he said it was fun. Then I asked him what he thought about seeing his mom and dad out there playing and he shrugged his shoulders. So then I asked, "Were you impressed with your mom diving for balls and hitting the ball." And then he got a big smile and sheepishly said, "Yes." That's what I wanted to hear! :-)
  • This week one of Eliza's big front teeth was ready to be pulled out. We could have easily done it at home on Tuesday night but she consciously chose to wait until school on Wednesday to pull it out because she wanted to be able to get her name on the tooth chart in class and go to the office to get her own little treasure box to put her tooth in. She came home on Wednesday not opening her mouth, but I didn't let too much time pass before asking for her to open her mouth. She was so proud. I guess she waited until maybe one minute after school started to pull it out. And she got her purple treasure box. They must have been all out of pink.
  • Finally, the magic age in our house seems to be 4. When the kids turn 4, they become much easier almost overnight. Well, I am still waiting for that magic day to come with Carson. He likes to throw tantrums over everything! Cuz I wouldn't buy him a soda at Target, cuz he had to put his clean clothes away (with my or Kolby's help) before watching a show, cuz his brother and sister ran through the rain before he could get his shoes on and get out of the car, cuz his older brother won't let him play basketball with the other big kids at church (when Kolby 90% of the time does let him play), and a few other times that I can't remember cuz I am emotionally drained from dealing with all of his emotions today. I know he will grow out of it. I am just trying to help him feel loved. He just wants to be such a big boy so quickly and do everything they do. If only he would be such a big boy emotionally things might not be so dramatic around here. I really need to start videoing him so someday he can say really, i did those things to you, mom. Yes, son, here is the proof!
  • And I guess I should say something about Logan since I said something about the other 3. Logan is almost 1, loves to stand but not walk, loves playing in the kitchen cupboards and must have a spatula constantly. He's had a rough week with sinus and ear infection but is staying sturdy at 25 pounds 4 ounces. No wonder my back is killing me! Sweet little guy that is also beginning to show some attitude...my way or i am gonna make your life miserable is the message he is starting to send. Hmmm...Is doted on by everyone and he loves it most of the time. Love getting him out of the bed in the morning cuz he is so darn excited to see me and just silly as can be rolling around in his bed just giddy. It is so cute!

1 comment:

Ashley and Blake said...

Woohoo! An update. Kolby is so cute. I want Brody to play volleyball too..maybe kolby can teach him one day!! Sounds like my little Brody might end up like Carson! Hopefully he grows out of it soon! Can't wait to see you guys and see how much little chubster Logan has changed. He is a heavy boy! Brody was 26.1 at his 1 year check up (that was 1 week late) sounds like logan may beat him!