Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Kolby Lost his 1st Tooth

In the beginning of January, Kolby lost his 1st tooth. So he had just turned 6, which I think means he is right on schedule for some nice healthy teeth. It was only loose for a couple of days, but he couldn't take it any longer. So he chewed on a little ball in the bathroom and forced it out that way. Whatever works, right? The funny thing was that the tooth fairy came and left him one dollar and that was definitely not enough. He lost his tooth on a Sunday night and on Monday I am sure he was telling all of his friends at school. (they actually have a tooth chart at school so the teacher makes a big deal out of it). So he came home from school on Monday telling me that he was so upset and it wasn't fair cuz the tooth fairy only lost him a dollar and all his friends said that they get at least $2 from the tooth fairy and he even told me that if you lose a tooth on a Friday you are supposed to get $10. So I asked him, "Well, did you ask your friends if any of them had lost a tooth on a Sunday?" He said, "No." I said, "Well maybe you should ask them that. I bet that the tooth fairy on gives $1 on the Sabbath." That seemed to quiet him. The next day I asked him if he had asked his friends about losing their teeth on Sunday and he said he didn't ask so I guess he let it go. But I am guessing that he will make sure he doesn't lose another tooth on Sunday...he'll probably try for a Friday! What will I do then??? I guess be grateful for a smart kid?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

good come back Lor:)