I have always hated Chuck E. Cheese and waited as long as possible to expose my kids to the place. But alas, it happened when one of kolby's preschool friends had a party there and he fell in love with the rides and games and even with Chuck E. himself. Ugghhh!!! Well, now I have to thank Chuck E. Cheese because it was enough to motivate Kolby to stop wetting the bed at night. He had to stay dry for seven consecutive nights and if he did it, we would go to Chuck E. Cheese. Well, he did it! It took him about 2 months, but he did it and has done great ever since. i am so proud of him and so glad I don't have to buy those huge diapers anymore. It is great to see him so excited and proud of himself. He loves sleeping in his underwear and finally feels like a big boy. I think it was pretty rough on him that his sister has been sleeping in underwear since before she was 2. Some things just take a little bit longer for some people, but we are sure glad that Kolby conquered this one, even though it meant a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. (and it worked so well that i saved several tokens for future bribing purposes)
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Chuck E. Cheese
I have always hated Chuck E. Cheese and waited as long as possible to expose my kids to the place. But alas, it happened when one of kolby's preschool friends had a party there and he fell in love with the rides and games and even with Chuck E. himself. Ugghhh!!! Well, now I have to thank Chuck E. Cheese because it was enough to motivate Kolby to stop wetting the bed at night. He had to stay dry for seven consecutive nights and if he did it, we would go to Chuck E. Cheese. Well, he did it! It took him about 2 months, but he did it and has done great ever since. i am so proud of him and so glad I don't have to buy those huge diapers anymore. It is great to see him so excited and proud of himself. He loves sleeping in his underwear and finally feels like a big boy. I think it was pretty rough on him that his sister has been sleeping in underwear since before she was 2. Some things just take a little bit longer for some people, but we are sure glad that Kolby conquered this one, even though it meant a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. (and it worked so well that i saved several tokens for future bribing purposes)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm with you...not a huge fan of Chuck E. Cheese - the name in and of itself gives you an idea of how delicious the food is there. / : We're a strictly token family there. Glad you found success with the bribery! ( :
Every kid has a "button" to push that will motivate him, that's for sure! And if Chuck E. Cheese is the button that gets you out of buying more diapers, then hurray!! I have yet to find Cady's button to get her to go #2 on the potty ... maybe I should try bribing with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. Thanks for the idea!!
Post a Comment