The flowers above are from my mom's 60th Birthday party that we threw for her and I just thought they were so pretty that I would post them.
Today has been just another Sunday ...On Sundays Geoff leaves at 5:45 am for church meetings and the kids usually wake up around then also. This morning they woke up with wet beds so of course that means early baths and lots of laundry. We then got dressed and ate breakfast. Carson took a little nap and then when he woke his great big 4 year old brother went into his room and stood on a stool and tried to get Carson out of his crib to bring him to me. I am sure you can imagine how that went. One minute I heard Carson chatting on the monitor and the next minute I heard painful screaming. So sad...he bonked his head on the crib on the way out and then was put "gently" down face first on the floor. So glad we have carpet in his room! Kolby actually felt really really bad so I had to apologize to him for getting so upset. I think that he learned his lesson that only mommy gets the baby out of the crib! yikes!
At Church today, the person who was giving the talk in Primary didn't show up so I asked Kolby if he wanted to give a talk. He loves getting up in front of everyone and saying prayers and has been dying to give a talk. Well today was his lucky day, except....he really really had to go to the bathroom. We got about 20 seconds into 1 1/2 minute talk and i realized he was dancing around. Then he suddenly stopped repeating what I told him and turned to me and announced that he had to go pee pee really bad. I told him to just hold it for one minute so we could finish the talk, but he replied that he couldn't hold it (even though he was holding himself very tightly!). So we abruptly ended his talk and we ran to the bathroom. I was laughing the whole way to the bathroom and he kept looking at me like i was crazy. He was like, "Mom, what is so funny? I just have to go to the bathroom." So much for his talk debut!
We came home to have our electricity go out due to the 5 mph winds and rainstorm we are experiencing (our valley doesn't handle any type of weather well unless it is hot and dry). The kids were very fascinated and had to go through everything in our house to ask me if it would still work even with the electricity out. My favorite question was posed by Kolby and he was seriously concerned. He said, "Mom, Does the plunger still work even when the lights go out?" It really is something he should be concerned about since he needs to use it almost on a daily basis. But that's a whole other story...
Eliza made me laugh when I gave her a bite of my peanut butter and banana sandwich and she said how yummy it was and then was sticking her face out at me. I thought she wanted another bite since it was so yummy, but when I offered she quickly corrected me by saying, "Look. You got the princess dirty. I am a princess and you got my face dirty." I looked at Geoff as to say, "did i just hear her right?" Yes, yes I did. I got the princess dirty. I really really love my little princess, even when she is dirty.
Last but not least of our happenings today, Carson finally rolled over from his tummy to his back. I've never even tried to encourage it until I realized this week how old he is getting and thought that by now the other kids were doing much more. Poor third child. So he and I spent some quality time on the floor today. Definitely can't roll the other way, yet, which makes it really nice for me at least for a couple of more weeks.
6 comments:
Cute new design to the blog! I love these stories. Emma likes to help me with Ava too. Ava is just learning to walk on her own. Emma will grab her hand and pull her too fast resulting in Ava being dragged screaming across the floor. So fun!
I am so glad that you are posting again. I think I may have pulled a stunt like Kolby when I was 5 and my brother was a baby... now I realize how scary it would be for a parent. Your kids are so sweet. I love that Kolby got an icecream cone for he and Eliza all by himself. Eliza is so beautiful and I am glad that she knows that she is a princess! Carson is getting so big, he looks so much like his older brother. Miss you lots.
What great stories. Your kids have a lot of personality - I'm sure they keep & Geoff laughing.
LOVE the new look of your blog! Cute stories of the kids too. I'm glad Carson survived his "crib rescue" from Kolby. And Eliza? SO FUNNY! Just don't get the princess dirty again.
Love the header pic–where is it?
And the pic of eliza in rollers really took me back. My mom put my sister in rollers every sat night when she was that age, it's one of those things you haven't thought of for like 20 years, it really took me back. (She hated them too, but my mom was a little less compassionate : )
Address for you:
Shauri
c/o Glenn Lovelace
811 E. 950 S.
Provo, UT 84606
What's a-comin'? Sad results to the race today eh? California really let us down. :(
Post a Comment