Monday, August 23, 2010
Happy Helper Award - Week 1
Since the move my kids have been out of control. Maybe it has something to do with it being the end of summer, tired of the heat, ready for some structure (I know I am), but whatever it is...it is exhausting me that my kids don't want to do anything that I ask them to do and life is becoming very messy and disorganized, which I do not like. So I had this idea come to me that I should make a silly hat and that every Monday night at Family Home Evening I would choose who had been the "Happy Helper" for the past week and they would get to choose their very own big candy and be the keeper of the silly hat for the week. The kids were so excited and started trying to be the happy helper right away. I loved it. It was amazing. Eliza was definitely the most helpful. She was my right hand girl...anything I needed she was there to help. So she of course won the very first week of Happy Helper Award and you can see in the picture how happy it made her and how special she felt. Btw, she picked a blue bag of Skittles and loved sharing them with her brothers, even though she wasn't asked to at all. Let's hope they keep it up and keep trying to outdo each other being the happiest helper of all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am totally stealing this idea!!
Post a Comment