Christmas was so much fun this year (besides the flu that was going around)!!! Everyone was home for Christmas except Whitney who went to England to be with her fiance. There are getting to be so many cousins that it is getting a little crazy around here when we all get together, but it is so much fun. I think that Eliza had the best time ever with her cousin Madelyn staying with us for a week. They are only 6 months apart and played nonstop, usually playing dress up or babies. It was so cute seeing them get along so well and so sad to see her go. It was fun to see the rest of the family too. We met the new baby and also got to see our other Texas cousin, baby Ellie who is so cute and big. I would have put pictures of everyone on here if time would permit, but since I am still in catch up mode, time does not permit. We all had fun just spending time together; one of the highlights was definitely the trip to the bowling alley. I actually got a turkey, which has never happened in my life (I am a horrible bowler who rarely can bowl over 100). Geoff got a turkey, too so it was our lucky bowling outing. Kolby and Carson loved playing with his fun boy cousins and his older girl cousins, whom he idolizes. And whoa...we have way toooooo many toys!!! This madness must stop soon, but it is so hard because it is so fun to give. I definitely need to hide some to regift to them for their birthdays and other special days throughout the year.
Another highlight of the day was Marty blessing his baby girl. It was nice for all of the family to be there and to have a spiritual moment after all of the hubbub of Christmas. After all, that is what Christmas is supposed to be all about - Christ. I am grateful to know he is my Savior and grateful for his perfect example and life. We tried to teach our children a little more about giving this year by doing the 12 Days of Christmas to a neighbor family. They loved it and were so excited each night to drop off our little gift and ring the doorbell and run. They even had fun shopping for what we might gift them on each special day. And I think we did a good job...I am 99.99% sure the neighbors have no idea who was giving them their daily gifts. Merry Christmas!!!

Kolby, Eliza & Carson in their Christmas Jammies

Getting Cookies & Milk Ready for Santa

Kolby Loving His Presents

Carson & His New Vacuum with Luke Eyeing it Behind Him

Marty & Baby Charlotte

Cousins on the Staircase

The Girl Cousins (minus a few)

Cute Cousins at the Bowling Alley

Kids Rocking out During Rock 'n Bowl
No comments:
Post a Comment