So, we had a great time at Disneyland and headed home to go to our neighbor's Halloween party on Friday night and then to a friend Halloween party on Saturday night. The kids had way too much fun and way too much sugar and if I never see another sugar cookie again I think I might be just fine. We spent Tuesday night carving pumpkins and Wednesday night at another friend's Halloween tradition...they invite people over for an open house style get together. They have scones, taco soup, hot dogs and scrumptious desserts. After we had dinner and chatted with friends, we were off to trick-or-treat. The kids were so excited. Carson and I stayed home and Geoff took Kolby and Eliza around. I thought they would be gone for a while, but Eliza only lasted about 10 minutes and then was ready to come home and dig into her candy. She had fun helping me answer the door and pass out candy, but still doesn't quite get why Kolby ended up with so much more candy than her that night. Kolby was a trooper and came home with a bucket full of candy. Luckily, he isn't much of a chocolate fan so he threw a lot of that away voluntarily. They both woke up the next morning asking if they got to go trick or treating again and if it was halloween. sorry kids...not for another year! It was quite the non-stop Halloween fun for us this year.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Halloween #3, Finally!
So, we had a great time at Disneyland and headed home to go to our neighbor's Halloween party on Friday night and then to a friend Halloween party on Saturday night. The kids had way too much fun and way too much sugar and if I never see another sugar cookie again I think I might be just fine. We spent Tuesday night carving pumpkins and Wednesday night at another friend's Halloween tradition...they invite people over for an open house style get together. They have scones, taco soup, hot dogs and scrumptious desserts. After we had dinner and chatted with friends, we were off to trick-or-treat. The kids were so excited. Carson and I stayed home and Geoff took Kolby and Eliza around. I thought they would be gone for a while, but Eliza only lasted about 10 minutes and then was ready to come home and dig into her candy. She had fun helping me answer the door and pass out candy, but still doesn't quite get why Kolby ended up with so much more candy than her that night. Kolby was a trooper and came home with a bucket full of candy. Luckily, he isn't much of a chocolate fan so he threw a lot of that away voluntarily. They both woke up the next morning asking if they got to go trick or treating again and if it was halloween. sorry kids...not for another year! It was quite the non-stop Halloween fun for us this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Lorile- is that you holding up Carson? Your arms look so awesomely toned!!!
what a sweet post. Halloween is soooo much better with kids. I think I'm going to start that tradition with my kids after halloween, the annual-throw-away-all-your-candy-after-halloween ceremony. That way I won't be tempted to "steal" from them. :) Great pics and, as always, your kiddos are precious!
So glad you're back on the blog! I've been missing your updates & of course the new pics of the kids. I can't believe how big Carson is getting. ( : So cute. Hope all is well.
It's high time. I'll leave it at that. Your kids do look cute and I was going to make the same exact comment about your arms. I wish I could say the same, but jello arms is my destiny.
I second what Jamie said about Halloween being so much more fun with kids!
Post a Comment