Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween #2 - Disneyland





We had a fun day on tuesday, the 23rd. It started with a field trip with Kolby's class to the pumpkin patch and then off to Disneyland. The kids were so excited to get to our hotel and then go to Disneyland. We weren't quite sure if we were going to make it because of all of the So Cal fires, but we did. The air was a little smoky and windy but we all survived. We had a great 3 days playing at Disneyland and watching our kids be so brave. Kolby went on Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain and of course all of the other smaller rides. I was in shock that he wanted to go on all the rides. I will say that though I don't think he loved them and was scared to death through most of the big rides, he just gave us high 5s and told us how brave he was when he got off the ride. Hopefully he will want to go on them again. Eliza keeps telling everyone she went on the "mountain" ride, or the Matterhorn, which she did. But she was definitely excited when the ride was over. The biggest hit ride was Autopia. But more than rides, Kolby loved the parade. We had to watch it every night or else there were major meltdowns. The photo of Eliza sitting on Kolby's lap is during the parade. They were so cute together. They could have done that over and over and over...We had so much fun getting to see our friends, the Wilsons, and also getting to hang out with family as Heidi and Abbey and Ashley all met up with us. Good times, but of course I was glad to get home and get back into a little routine.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Kolby and Eliza are so cute together - love the pics. Glad you had fun at Disneyland.

Anonymous said...

The big question is...were YOU brave enough to ride the "mountain ride". I'm impressed you went to Disneyland with a newborn. You really are an old mom pro now aren't you?

emily said...

Looks like a great time! Kolby and Eliza look like they're the best of friends. I also can't believe you were brave enough to go to Disneyland with a newborn. Very impressive!

Jana said...

Lorile! I found your blog through Emily's blog.... long story. Anyway, it's fun to see what you're up to. What a darling family! 3 huh? I'm still recovering and my third is almost 18 months. :) Love them like crazy, but it has been an adjustment to say the least. Anyways, I'll check in every once in a while. --Jana (Bailey)

jamie said...

I'm so jealous, I want to go to Disneyland. Your pictures are adorable and let's not forget your cute, adorable kids. I'm sure they had a blast. I can't wait until Walker understands Disneyland, I'm sure it's like Halloween that it's so much better when you have kids! great update