Sunday, January 16, 2011

Carson Glad to be a Boy & Eliza's Scripture Sunday

The other day we were driving in the car. It was me, Carson and Logan and Carson all of the sudden said, "Mom, I like being a boy." I of course thought, Phew...that is good to hear! Then I asked him, "Why do you like to be a boy?" He thoughtfully responded, "Because I can pick up sticks and play with rocks and ride my bike and fly kites and play firefighter and build lots of things." He does love to be a boy and he is good at it!

Another funny tidbit about Carson: Today at Church I had to take him to the restroom. When we came back, the meeting had already started and I was trying to hurry us back to our seats. Well, he was a little confused and sat right down with the family behind our family. He saw the dark suit on the man (Brett Harmon) and just looked at that and climbed right up on the bench without any thought. Brett handed him some pretzels and that should have been Carson's first clue since I try really hard not to bring him snacks now that he is in Sunbeams. But he still had no idea until he finally turned his body around and saw his real family sitting in front of him. We all were looking back at him. I've never seen the boy move so fast...he hopped right down and ran up to our bench and jumped in my lap and put his head down. He was so embarrassed. His whole head turned bright red. It took me by surprise because I've never seen that side of his personality of being so embarrassed for doing something that was "wrong". It took him a few minutes to recover and spiderman and iron man and then he was all good. We were cracking up.

Also at church today, Eliza gave the scripture and prayer in Primary. She was so excited and got all ready for it. It was so cute to see her go up to the pulpit with her scripture bag. It took her a few minutes to actually get her scriptures out of her bag and to find the scripture she marked, but she was so calm and composed it was super cute. She spoke loudly and clearly into the microphone and shared D&C 76:22 and read it perfectly. It was one that she had memorized with "The Living Christ" so it was very familiar. She said a great little prayer and looked so proud up there doing it all by herself. It's fun to grow up!

No comments: